Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TOUGH LIGHTING CONDITIONS

The F-18 Super Hornet. Now this jet is fast. Trying to capture this jet while zoooooming by at speeds of 750+mph was tough. I used a 70-200 2.8 with a 2x converter which by the way, great gear for fast & far subjects, the only thing about the converter is that, you loose two stops (from 2.8 to 5.6) on a full frame sensor. But let me tell you, if you have great light that doesn't matter. Other samples with this affordable combo . With the overcast and rainy day, I had to jump the ISO to over 400 just to get the shutter high around 1/1000-1/2000 in hope that thats fast enough. Let me tell you...lighting is everything, it helps a million times over. Personally,I needed faster shutter speed at the end...the F-18 Super Hornet is extremely fast. And for spectators out there...you know that If you blink, you've missed it. Just wait to you see it for your self.

No comments: